The Isle of Bute lies in Scotland’s Firth of Clyde, tucked into the spectacular sea lochs of southern Argyll. 15 miles long by approximately 4 miles wide Bute is less than two hours from the city of Glasgow. The island was a popular Victorian seaside destination, when the main town of Rothesay would be bustling with trippers who had come “doon the watter” during the Glasgow Fair and disembarked from the many steamers that sailed the Clyde. The Paddle Steamer Waverley is the only traditional vessel cruising the Firth nowadays, and it still proves a very popular attraction with a busy summer schedule of routes between Bute, Arran and the mainland.
Roseland Holiday Park is just 2 mins drive from the main town of Rothesay
Links to information and attractions on Bute
Bike Hire – www.thebikeshed.org.uk 01700 505515 .
Horse riding - Ardbrannan : 01700504761 / 07725842005 .
Swimming – Rothesay Leisure Centre : 01700 504300 .
Shopping – Totally Locally Bute : www.facebook.com/totallylocallybute
Sea Kayaking – Kayak Bute : www.kayakbute.co.uk .
Tours Talks and Walks – WildBute : www.wildbute.com
- Rothesay Golf Club : www.rothesaygolfclub.co.uk
- Port Golf Club : www.portbannatynegolf.co.uk 01700 504544 .
- Bute Golf Club : www.butegolfclub.co.uk
- Loch Fad : www.lochfad.com
- Bute Angling : www.isleofbuteanglingassociation.webs.com
- Jazz Festival : www.butejazz.com
- Tee in the Port : www.portbannatnegolf.co.uk 01700 504544.
- The Port Gala Day : Sunday 8th June 2014 , 12pm until 4pm at Port Bannatyne Park . www.fb.com/ThePortGalaDay
- Tractor/ Vintage Car Rally : www.kilchattan-bay.co.uk/road%20run.html
- Carnival on the promenade , 1st week of the Glasgow fair .
- Agricultural Show : www.kilchattan-bay.co.uk
- Highland Games : www.butehighlandgames.org
- Cycling Festival : www.butewheelers.org.uk
- Achievement Bute : www.achievementbute.org.uk
- Mount Stuart : www.mountstuart.com
- Light Up Bute : www.lightupbute.co.uk
-What’s On Bute : www.facebook.com/WhatsonBute
There is also lots of great ……
- Historic Attractions
- Walking Routes
- Eating Places
Also visit “Visit Bute” website at: www.visitbute.com
Trans Clyde Music also run monthly gigs on the island visit their website for more info at: www.transclydemusic.co.uk
- New Year events throughout the Island.
- Burns Super Events throughout the Island.
-Valentine events -
-Easter weekend events -
- Light up Bute events : www.facebook.com/LightUpBute
- Mount Stuart , more info at : www.mountstuart.com
- Achievement Bute , more info at : www.achievementbute.org.uk
- The Bute Jazz Festival Commemorative Concert – 30th April 2017 : www.butejazz.com
- Beach watch Bute -
- Jazz Festival – 1st weekend , get more info at : www.butejazz.com
- Isle of Bute Triathlon – May
- Tee in the Port “Battle of Bands”- 13th May 2017
- IBSC Round Bute Yacht Race - June
- Tee In The Port , get more info at : www.portbannatynegolf.co.uk
- Port Gala – 4th June 2017.
- Carnival on the promenade .
- Bute Fest , get more info at : www.butefest.co.uk 28th to 30th July 2017.
- Summer activities with Achievement Bute , get more info at : www.achievementbute.org.uk
- Bute Artist Collective 22-23 July 2017
- Raft Race – Isle of Bute Sailing Club.
- Agricultural Show , get more info at : www.kilchattan-bay.co.uk - 12th Aug 2017
- Highland Games , get more info at : www.butehighlandgames.org - 19th Aug 2017.
- Bute Noir – 4th to 6th Aug 2017.
- Bute Biker Rally – 4th to 6th Aug 2017.
- Cycling Festival , get more info at : www.butewheelers.org.uk - 16th and 17th Sept 2017.
- Tee In The Port , get more info at : www.portbannatynegolf.co.uk - 23rd Sept 2017 (indoors).
- Festival of Flight 9th Sept 2017.
-Rock the Prom with Light up Bute - www.facebook.comLightUpBute
-Panto season – www.achievementbute.org.uk
-Christmas Fayres -
-Hogmanay events -
- Rockability Weekend.
- Gin and Beer Festival.